Wednesday 11 November 2015

Permissions for filming

In this post I will be posting a few images of conversations I've had with various people asking if we can record on a set date and I've also written a letter to see if my group and I can conduct an interview with certain people.

In this first image, it shows a conversation between me and my fellow group members, Barney and James, asking if we can capture some footage for our Documentary on the weekend. They both responded positively and said they could do some filming on the weekend and this allowed us to progress in the production of our Documentary.

We then later went on to discuss the time and place that we would record for our interview and we managed to capture a decent amount of footage other than an interview for our Documentary.

In this second image, it shows a letter that my group and I wrote to try and obtain various people's permission to conduct an interview with them. I handed this letter to two people and they both gave me their consent on letting us record them which allowed us to progress with our media project.

I later received a finished letter from one of the individuals that I've asked which contained their name and signature meaning they would let us film them.

I'm still waiting for the other letter to get back to me which should get back in no time. If they had any questions or queries about being recorded then I would've received an email regarding this. So far I haven't received an email which is a positive sign for me and my group.
In the third image shows what a completed letter looks like. My group and I received this from one of the individuals that I handed this to and he managed to deliver it back to us.

The person that sent this back to me is Kieron Humphrey's and he is the 14 year old boy that'll be interviewed for our Documentary. As previously mentioned, he responded positively and has allowed my group and I to film him for our media project.

This has now allowed us to capture more footage for the progression of completing our media task. He also emailed me asking when and where In wanted to record so I said at your house on the 2nd of December and he again responded positively and allowed that.



What I have learnt from this is how to organise and devise all the little elements that goes into planning a recording session with my group. What I mean by this is deciding when and where we want to record, it determines the standard and quality of our footage that we capture. So we tend to put a lot of thought and effort into when we decide to record. What I have also learnt from this is how to fabricate a letter in order to sound appealing to the people I'm writing to in order to get their best interest in helping me and my group with our Documentary. This will help me in future purposes as writing a letter is a handy tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment