Thursday 19 November 2015

Audience Research Results

Q1) The first question I asked was
'What age group are you?' I asked this question because knowing this gives me a better insight into knowing the different age groups
opinions on a sports documentary. I also asked this particular question because I'm aiming my documentary at two different age groups which is teenagers 16-18 and adults which varies between 25-40. Although I'm aiming between this age groups, it doesn't mean anyone younger or older cant watch the documentary.

Q2) The second question I asked was 'Have you ever watched a documentary?' I asked this question primarily because knowing if my target audience had seen a documentary before would tell me if they'd understand the style and codes of a documentary. I also asked this question because as I'm doing a documentary for my media practical, I would need to know if my target audience hasn't watched a documentary before so when it comes to making one, I can make it clear what they're watching.


Q3) The third question I asked was 'How often do you watch documentaries?' There is a very distinct reason as to why I asked this question and it's because knowing how frequently my target audience watches documentaries tells me how much they enjoy watching them. The majority of the votes say that they rarely watch documentaries tells me that they aren't keen on them or it's because they don't have the time to watch them. Although a small percentage of the responses say that they sometimes watch documentaries meaning some of my target audience does enjoy them.


Q4) The fourth question I asked was 'Do you play any sports?' The main reason I asked this question was because  my documentary is based around sporting events so if I got a better understanding of the sports my target audience plays, I then know what sports to include in my documentary. All 6 of my responses claim that they play sports which is
terrific for me because I can do many sports in my documentary and making it enjoyable for all of my target audiences. This is also good because now the majority of my audience will understand what i'm talking about.



Q5) The fifth question I asked was 'What sports do you play and why?' I asked this question in sync with the fourth question. Finding out what sports my target audience plays is another key point when it comes to producing my documentary because now I can focus around specific sports rather than random ones. Although this game me valuable information, there was also one drawback to these results. The majority of the results said that they played football, so there wasn't a lot of variety.

Q6) The sixth and final question I asked was 'Does a sports documentary sound appealing and why?' I asked this question because it gave me an all round insight if people would watch my sports documentary. From the results that I attained, all of the respondents said they would like to watch a sports documentary. From these results I can shape my documentary to try and live up to my target audience's expectations.


From the results collected above, I have learnt a lot of information regarding my target audience and my Documentary. The first question told me the kind of people that were participating in my questionnaire and also if they would be interested in watching my Documentary. The second question let me know if my target audience were aware of what a Documentary was and knew about the different conventions that were included with it. The third question gave me a better insight into how frequently my target audience will go out of there way to watch a Documentary and also if it's in their best intention to watch Documentaries on a regular basis. The fourth question tells me me that all of the participants play sport so they are likely to be intrigued in watching my Documentary. The fifth question has taught me about the different kinds of sport my target audience plays so I will know what sports to included within my Documentary. The final question has taught me if my target audience will be interested in watching my Documentary and the results show that they will. From these results, they have informed me about the kind of things my target audience likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment